Like sashimi, sushi is also a popular Japanese delicacy which attracts everyone with its delicious taste. Sushi bars are famous for delicious sushi varieties which are prepared using expert chefs. Due to its delicacy, people have started to make sushi in their home to surprise everyone with their magical cooking formula. It is made of many ingredients like sushi fish, Japanese rice wine, dark green dried kelp, dashi konbu, sushi vinegar and more but sushi rice is the common ingredient in all the sushi varieties.
If you are planning to prepare sushi, you need to account many factors that play an important role in determining the delicious taste of your recipe. An added of advantage of learning to prepare sushi is that after knowing how to prepare a sushi variety, you can prepare a wide range of sushi varieties by just using different types of fillings and toppings. However, you need to more cautious while choosing sushi fish since ordinary fish may be make your sushi dish delicious. Some popular types of sushi-grade fishes are tuna sushi, sea urchin, squid, yellowtail sushi, red snapper, bluefin tuna, salmon sushi and roe.
– If you are planning to use raw fish, make sure its fresh since raw fishe might contain parasites and bacteria. Now, it’s time to know the secret formula behind the delicious sushi dish.
– First clean the sushi rice properly and allow it to soak in cold water for half an hour.
– Before cooking the rice, add some Japanese rice wine, a piece of dashi konbu and dark green dried kelp.
– After adding the ingredients, start to boil the rice for 15 minutes with the lid on the pot. After it’s boiled, let the rice sit for 15 minutes.
– Another important part to pay more attention is the preparation of vinegar, which you can start while soaking the rice. In some places around Asia, you can find rice vinegar readily available for use.
– Now, you need to mix the vinegar and rice by stirring it properly. When you start stirring, you must also use some fan to cool the rice. After some time, rice will stop steaming. At that stage, you must stop turning and cover the fish using moist towel until it is served.
This is a simple sushi dish in which you can add more flavors by making use of sushi fishes. Using the same principle, you can prepare delicious sushi varieties by varying the fillings and toppings.
Sushi not only tastes delicious, it has high nutritional value and offers a wide range of health benefits like improving the cardiovascular system, promoting cell metabolism and more.